No mode cookie
Classic Jonny Quest Fan Fiction Guidelines
© 1999, Lyle P. Blosser
Don't write something that would never have been used
on an original episode.
That means submissions are welcome, if:
- They are written in the spirit of the 1964 show
- Age of Jonny is 10 or 11, age of Hadji is 11, Race is 32, Dr. Quest is late 30s-early
- It's an action-oriented story (even though intellectually stimulating). No "internalized
stories" or "soul searching".
- Location of stories can be anywhere in the world. Make an attempt to bring out the
atmosphere of the locale, especially if it involves a non-U.S. location or non-U.S.
- Avoid overusing Hadji's magical powers to get out of jams (sleight-of-hand, hypnosis,
etc. is OK but should not be heavily relied upon).
- No character development. That is, the characters should be fundamentally the same
at the end of the story as at the beginning; their personalities and tendencies
are pretty well set, and should not undergo radical transformation.
- Simple motive for the villain, but not revenge.
- No contradiction of known facts in episodes.
- No homosexuality overtones; no explicit sex
- No foul language. (This may seem harsh to some, but we believe a CJQ story can be
told without it, even the now-a-days commonly-accepted "damn" and "hell", just as
they did in the episodes.) We will allow "Gosh", however :-)
- No graphic violence (violence can happen, but should not be excessively detailed,
nor form the focal point of the story).
We do want to be a little picky about what gets placed on our website (as presence
gives the appearance of endorsement by the site). However, if we have a problem
with any submission, be assured that we will not change the submission ourselves,
but will ask the author to consider making the changes. At no time will we edit
or otherwise change submissions -- that is solely the author's job. We do, however,
reserve the right to refuse publication of any piece if we determine it does not
follow the above guidelines, suit our needs or the intention of our site, or if
the author is unwilling to make requested changes. In all cases, we will attempt
to resolve any problems through dialogue.
Jonny Quest and distinctive likenesses © Hanna-Barbera.
All other images, image designs and other image work on this site are
© ClassicJQ.com, © Hanna-Barbera or as
noted. Text content is © ClassicJQ.com, except where noted otherwise,
and may not be shared or re-published without the consent of the author.
This is strictly a fan-based site, and is in no way
affiliated with or approved by Hanna-Barbera or any other
organizations, unless specifically indicated otherwise.