No mode cookie
Jonny Quest Season 1 - Calcutta Adventure
Trivia and items of interest:
© 1998-2004, Lyle P. Blosser, Craig Fuqua
Z-6, , 10/30/64 (orig. scheduled 10/16/64), 7/1/65
- This episode details how Hadji became part of the Quest clan.
- This is the first of only two episodes in which Hadji is shown without his turban.
The following scenes in the opening
and closing credits are from this episode:
- Men in gas masks firing rifles (OC)
- Hadji playing flute; cobra in nearby basket. (CC)
- During the scene where the knife is thrown at Dr. Quest and Hadji stops it with
the lid from his snake basket, before the knife is thrown Dr. Quest isn't wearing
a tie, but as the knife is in flight we see him with a tie. After Hadji stops the
knife Dr. Quest is again tieless. (Reported by David
- Dr. Quest and Race ski to the slope above the bad guy's lab. They are standing above
it and Dr. Quest's hair is white (they show it twice).
(Reported by Don Ramos) It's as if the inkers forgot to color in Dr.
- "The Case of the Morphing Mittens": Race starts out wearing special mittens that
leave the index finger and thumb separate from the rest of the mitten (see
screen grab 1. When Race calls out to Dr. Quest after an avalanche has swept
him to the lab's doorway, his mittens have changed into regular-looking gloves (see
screen grab 2). After that, the mittens
re-appear (see screen grab 3). (Reported by Paul in the forum)
- When the lab door slams down on the two guards, they appear to be lying outside
the lab. When Dr. Quest and Race then run out the door to escape, the guards appear
to be at least halfway in the doorway. (Reported by
Don Ramos) And, when you look back at the doorway when Race finds the
skis from Pasha, the guards aren't visible at all.
- When Dr. Quest takes a picture, standing on the ledge he has no snow goggles on.
The ledge begins to crumble and he now has a pair of goggles on top of his head.
He then rolls down the slope and the goggles are gone again. At the bottom of the
slope, he is laying there and now the goggles are on his face.
(Reported by Don Ramos)
- Dr. Quest and Race ski down the mountain away from the entrance of the cave (which
appears to be on the downside of the mountain facing away from the top) and they
go down for a long time and then they start the avalanche that eventually goes right
into the door of the cave and destroys the lab. A Seinfeld would say "that is one
magic avalanche". (Reported by Mark Lucas)
- In addition, when everybody skis away from the lab, they would go downhill. After
Dr. Quest starts the snowslide, it somehow hits the bad guys first (who have skied
down away from the lab) and then hits the lab which would have been further back
up the slope. (Reported by Don Ramos)
- In the closing scenes the commercial jet takes off but remains oriented horizontally
parallel to the ground instead of tilting skyward as planes normally do. Other episodes
show "normal" airplane take-off behavior. (Reported
by John Clark)
- Race initially has their vehical parked right at the edge of the wooden bridge, but when the boulder is rolled down onto the bridge, the vehicle is nowhere to be seen. Afterwards, it shows up again in its original location. (Thanks to John Boyd)
Link to the restored end credits
for the episode.
Link to some episode cel images
Jonny Quest and distinctive likenesses © Hanna-Barbera.
All other images, image designs and other image work on this site are
© ClassicJQ.com, © Hanna-Barbera or as
noted. Text content is © ClassicJQ.com, except where noted otherwise,
and may not be shared or re-published without the consent of the author.
This is strictly a fan-based site, and is in no way
affiliated with or approved by Hanna-Barbera or any other
organizations, unless specifically indicated otherwise.