Jonny Quest Season 1 - Riddle of the Gold
© 1998-2007, Lyle P. Blosser, Craig Fuqua
Z-4, , 10/16/64, 4/22/65.
The Award for Best Line:
- At the airport when Bandit won't go back into his travel case, Hadji waves a handkerchief
over the recalcitrant pup and makes him disappear much to the surprise of the woman
behind the counter. We were surprised, too, because for the part of the scene where
just Hadji's arms and hands are showing, his skin is rendered as a Caucasian! (Thanks to Molly on the website forum who identified this
- On the train headed for the maharaja's palace we hear...
Dr. Quest: "Race, did you instruct the boys how to act when they meet the maharaja?"
Race: "Oh, yes. Just courtsey, and leave the talking to us."
Uh..."courtsey", Race? Didn't you mean "bow"? I just can't picture Jonny and Hadji
courtseying in front of the maharaja!
- At the beginning of the tiger hunt, Dr. Quest wants to film some elephants. One
problem: they appear to be African elephants instead of Indian elephants (African
species has the large ears seen here; Indian species has much smaller ears).
- When everyone is tied up in the mine, we see that they have ropes around their waists
as well as their feet and (presumably) their hands. But, after Bandit extinguishes
the fuse, we see Race breaking free of his ropes -- but he only has ropes around
his hands; the ropes around his waist have disappeared!
- The map Race uses to indicate episode locations shows India in dark green and the surrounding countries in light green. However, Ceylon (now Sri Lanka) is shown in dark green, but the island is not part of India, and should be shown in light green. (Thanks to John Boyd)
When Race asks Hadji
to spell Mississippi as part of their studies, Hadji says: "M..i...s...uh, do you
want the state or the river?"
Trivia and items of interest
- The actor who provided the (brief) voice for the Maharaja also provided the voice
for Mr. Corvin in this episode.
- Is Doug Wildey still secretly lobbying for a monkey instead of a dog to be Jonny's
pet? Check out how Bandit gets out of his "travel accomodations" -- he uses his
tail! I can believe a monkey could do that (maybe), but a dog?
Link to the restored end credits
for the episode.
Link to some episode cel images
Jonny Quest and distinctive likenesses © Hanna-Barbera.
All other images, image designs and other image work on this site are
© ClassicJQ.com, © Hanna-Barbera or as
noted. Text content is © ClassicJQ.com, except where noted otherwise,
and may not be shared or re-published without the consent of the author.
This is strictly a fan-based site, and is in no way
affiliated with or approved by Hanna-Barbera or any other
organizations, unless specifically indicated otherwise.